Saturday, December 22, 2012

Masala Dosa



Masala Dosa is an all time favourite at our house.
Once I was starting to make Poori Bhaji, and as  I was cutting onion and green chillies my husband entered the kitchen and asked me what was I upto. I said I'm going to make Poori bhaji - he said make it masala dosa - so now u know how much favourite it is.

Ingredients:

2 Potatoes, peeled, washed and cut into cubes

1 Onion thinly sliced

4-5 Green chillies, chopped

1 piece Ginger

1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder

Few Curry leaves

1 tsp Mustard

1 tsp Urad dal

2 tsp Cashew nuts (Optional)

2 tsp Oil

1 cup water

Salt As per Taste

Dosa Batter - to make Dosas

Method:

Heat oil in a cooker. Add mustard and allow it to splutter well. Add urad dal and cashew nuts.
Add chopped Ginger, Green Chillies, curry leaves. Add onions and fry till they turn glassy.
Add potatoes and fry. Add turmeric powder and mix well. Add water and salt and mix well.
Cover with the lid with the whistle on.
Lower the flame after first whistle and cook for another 6 to 8 minutes.
Allow the pressure to drop and mash the potatoes well with a ladle.
Check the water consistency as required.

Prepare Dosa. Cook both sides. Add masala in the center of the Dosa and fold.
Serve with coconut chutney or Sambar.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment